Learning to walk, talk, read, ride a bike, and excelling in life, you have made your way to your Sweet 16. This is a huge milestone within your life which should definitely be celebrated the right way. One of the most popular traditions is to plan a Sweet 16. You can be surrounded by all your friends, family, and closest loved ones as they celebrate your birthday with you.
So many great things happen when you turn sixteen, such as your driver’s test, as well as being able to throw an impressive Sweet 16 birthday party.
With many aspects that comprise your Sweet 16, you may be wondering where to started. That’s why, here at Villa Russo, we have put together a few tips on how you can plan your own Sweet 16. If you are interested in learning more, be sure to continue reading:
- Setting the date and creating the budget. The date for your Sweet 16 can be as close to your birthday as you like, but it’s courteous to choose a date that ensure all your closest loved ones can attend, such as on a weekend. Also, don’t forget to create a budget, as this will help the rest of your planning become much easier. Knowing the total amount of money you have available to spend is crucial for your planning.
- Your guest list. Who do you want to be present for your Sweet 16? If you would prefer a more intimate gathering, your closest friends and family would be a perfect guest list. If you want to enter your sixteenth year with a bang, you can invite all of the friends that your budget can accommodate. As for your invitations, keep in mind that this is the first impression of your party, so pick your design carefully. All invitations should be sent out three to four weeks before your party, to ensure guests have enough notice to attend.
- Choose the perfect theme. Your theme will determine a lot about your big party and should be determined as soon as possible. Not only will it determine your dress code, party treats, and so much more, but it will greatly influence your venue and décor choice. What is your absolute favorite thing? Take into account your favorite books, movies, shows, music, or even era. These can all be great choices to base your party on and the creation of your decor. We have many rooms available here at Villa Russo to complement any theme you seek.
- Entertainment. Who doesn’t love great entertainment at an incredible Sweet 16? Your birthday entertainment will certainly be one of the most important parts of your party. Finding a highly-recommended DJ or cover band that fits your personality will certainly help you create the right mood for your style. Also, a photo booth is a great source of fun.
- Treats. A tasty treat and delicious drink can certainly make your party an enjoyable event. After all, teenagers always seem to be hungry. You can add a creative touch with a caterer, who will present unique dishes to serve to your guests, and even a bartender that will be able to serve up some yummy mocktails. Luckily, you can find both here at Villa Russo!
- Charming party favors. One of the best things about going to someone’s party, other than celebrating with them, are the great party favors you get to leave with. You can provide your own unique party favors for your birthday by providing a photo booth that prints keepsake photo strips, or goodie bags filled with party themed treats, such as candies and sweets. This is also a wonderful way to thank your guests for attending your big event.
Your Sweet 16 is an event that you will remember for the rest of your life, and really marks the transition you will soon make into adulthood. You can celebrate the right way with these party planning tips. Here at Villa Russo, as an event venue in Queens, New York, we want to help you celebrate your own Sweet 16. If you are ready to begin planning your Queens Sweet 16, be sure to contact us today.